Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Hope of Today Is A Small Bird Singing




A couple of these songs were on a mixtape a friend let me copy years and years ago- the mixtape was made for him by a musical mentor years before. The mixtape included all sorts of great stuff- but 'Open The Morning Window', with its knife-in-heart guitar break, was a highlight. Listening to it again, a decade later, it sounds even better than I remember, and the heavy-trippy collage context gives it added weight. Nearly brought tears to my eyes on a crowded bus in Far Rockaway last week.

Supposedly Keiji Haino is on this, but I'm not familiar enough with the larger ouvre of either Magical Power Mako or Keiji Haino, to tell which is which.



This album appears to be completely unavailable for purchase. (If anyone thinks otherwise, let me know).

5 comments:

sarcasmus said...

1st comment! Thanks erroneous!

erroneous said...

You're welcome. Let me know if the files work- I just signed up for MediaFire yesterday on the recommendation of the LifeHacker blog.

I'm trying to avoid sites that serve up viruses or are overly full of obnoxious ads...

Subarashi Hinode said...

I got a pop up add selling "CHINESE SEX CULTURE STATUES." Very strange. There were also random photgraphs I could choose from for purchase. This music is amazing. The Samisen track (Japanese string guitar) is amazing.

CTB said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

erroneous said...

You're very welcome.
I find I don't have so much patience for 'out' music these days. Though I suppose my tolerance for chaotic noise is definitely higher than most folks'. (Right now I'm missing the No Fun Fest in brooklyn, which I've sworn to go to for the last five years and always missed for one reason or another... bummer.) Anyhow, this album seems amazing to me because it can cram together all this crazy collage and quirk, and then have such sweetness & beauty too. It's a good combo.