
The second album by these folks; drifty and droney and dreamscapey. Once many years ago I was listening to this on headphones at work, and an older gentleman who I'd been talking to about music (he liked James Taylor) convinced me to let him hear what I was listening to. I watched his face change. He handed the headphones back and said, sort of indignantly/injuredly: "just because you click two sticks together, doesn't make it music!", then stormed off.
3 comments:
last night i dreamed that my dad released an album with John Cale. it had turned out that he had a mutual friend with JC, and that the opportunity had actually come up 30 years ago, but my dad didn't like John Cale's style. Then the mutual friend came to my dad with some of the drum tracks off of stuff Cale was working with, and so my dad decided John Cale was up to snuff. Fender also made a guitar in honor of the release of the new album; it cost about 10,000 dollars. and they also gave me, my brother and my sister Nike shoes that matched the guitar. i scanned some of the tracks and it was a rock-dirgey, droney, noisey kind of thing. Not very typical of my dad.
oh. one more thing. the new Nike's also had new names for each of us. they were our new names. Unfortunately I don't remember my brother's name. My sister didn't choose a name. because the whole project disinterested her. but my name was Ulysses. all in all, pretty awesome dream.
From now on, you are 'Ulysses Dan'.
Post a Comment