
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/occult%20forces%20haunted%20cope.s%20jehovahkill
This album rocked my world in 1991 or so. And still is a big deal for me. I'm not sure I can articulate why exactly: spiritual concerns, a serious psychedelia, a singing range similar to mine, the fact that you can tell that the guy's a music geek and record collector (in his 1989 album he name-checks the Thirteenth Floor Elevators, and he's written two books about, respectively, Krautrock and Japrock, in which he overflows his love for the crazed musical bliss of other cultures' psychedelia-- Krautrocksampler I read fervently back in 1997 or so, and wish I knew where to score a copy now, I imagine the other is similarly excellent); the fact that few in the western world have flown their freak flags so high for so long (I seem to recall stories about him bicycling through London wearing large fairy wings, for instance). Anyway, your mileage may vary-- I have no objectivity on this.
New link! Thanks Christina for telling me the old link was bad.
3 comments:
Maybe it's just me on this one - I got a message saying it couldn't complete the unpack cause the file contains damaged content.
Thanks! I fixed it. Must have not quite uploaded the first time.
Thank You!
Post a Comment