Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Release the Bats!



A mix made last month for my pre-teen niece Kaitlin, who likes vampires. It was her birthday.

Suzanne thinks I shouldn't have included the song by The Birthday Party, which includes a lot of gibbering about "bat sex". She may be right. Hopefully it won't scar her for life. (Nick Cave can do that to a person).

Yes... this mix does contain "Bela Lugosi's Dead". Thanks for asking.

Also some Rasputina, Jonathan Richman, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Daniel Johnston, Harry Nilsson, and Roky Erickson.

Among others.

Drink some red wine while listening to this. (Unless you never drink... wine.)

Su & I made cool hand-drawn cover art (and I mean "cool" as in 'hand-drawn picture of a vampire chick rocking an electric guitar, and lettered with calligraphic script, all done up in ink and colored pencil') but we mailed it off without copying or scanning it. So google image search digital art will have to suffice.

In two parts due to filesize restrictions- just unzip into one folder. Enjoy, my bloodthirsty friends.



No comments: