Saturday, July 25, 2009

Is Guava A Donut?


I've had this since I was a kid, got it on vinyl when I was 15 or so. I doubt that I've listened to it all the way through more than 3 or 4 times. But I'm really glad it exists, because this is hands-down the weirdest music I've ever heard.

Every now & again the songs slip momentarily into a recognizable form-- perhaps in a 'quirky geeks trying to out-clever the Residents' sort of mode. But then the insane gibbering insects start their choral music again and the wolf spiders crawl all over your face and the moon starts beating its big plastic drum overhead and everything goes fractal grid, and it goes back to bearing no relation whatsoever to any known variety of human music.

Interestingly, this is completely non-electronic, instruments are all tweaked objects and modified sound sources. You can't get this particular kind of bizarreness from oscillators.

Enjoy, Meltmaster!

1 comment:

meltmaster said...

thank you!!! i have really wanted to listen to this for a long time!!!