Monday, June 15, 2009

With the Dead Sun Shining On Our Backs

Mid-80s pretentious Australian psychedelia.
Pretty great at that.
I want those paisley shirts.

3 comments:

sarcasmus said...

strangely, i was really into The Church in high school. i never thought i'd go back to those days, but i've returned to this era and this genre, namely post-punk--and its derivatives of derivatives--in such a huge way that it's a little frightening.

i'll put this in my listening queue post-haste

erroneous said...

Alright, another member of the teen Church listeners' club.

I was more about the Starfish album as a yoot. But nowadays that album feels sort of insufferably 80s (gated snare reverb mostly) and also a little didactic in its lyrics. This one has a nice hazy feel that I like a lot.

Looking at this cover, I'm astounded at how pretty these boys were. It's sort of amazing they weren't bigger stars. I guess 80s pop had a lot of catchy pretty popsters to compete against, and the music isn't really all that radio-singalong. But still. They look like the ladies from Heart.

Subarashi Hinode said...

I'd wear one of those shirts anyday, too!!!!