Sunday, February 28, 2010

All the Roads



I picked up this LP some time ago, based purely on the title "The Singing Nun". (How could I not?)

The music is everything you might hope for: perky, quirky, light as air and as radiant as the sun in springtime. Highly recommended.

Warning, though: the biography of the musician is apparently quite tragic. Let's just say it involves quietly romantic lesbian love, church-morality conflict, taxation cruelty, tenacity and despair, and a suicide pact. If you're curious, here's a more detailed telling of the story:




The album:

2 comments:

Subarashi Hinode said...

Oh, my. A very sad story. It's very Suspicious, too. How come the Belgium govenment could not find out if her convent had spent her money.
The Jerk in me kept on expecting a Monty Python skit in the middle of the video. I thought for sure some knights were going to be riding though with swords.....anyways, America could do suring the same time period was prduce the Flying Nun for TV...Well, we had Thomas Merton; he was kind of a rebel, too. But with a pen....

meltmaster said...

it's very pretty. and very strange. nice one!