Saturday, December 12, 2009

Ecstasies In The Open Air

A sort of post-modern guitar virtuoso (formerly of the polymorphously perverse Sun City Girls) struts his stuff, somehow pulling a Chet Atkins by managing to play circles around every other guitarist alive, without sounding like a mere show-off. The sheer breadth of invention helps, as does the fact that he's actually playing music, not just notes. Non-guitarists will also enjoy this greatly, in fact.

7 comments:

Subarashi Hinode said...

I have to catch up! This LP catches my attention....I've been cheating on this blog by venturing out to the African and Hindi LP sites!!!!

HAPPY HOLIDYAS

Subarashi Hinode said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
erroneous said...

Not to worry, human beings aren't really wired for monoblogamy.

Unknown said...

This is any musicians dream, isn't it. To play what ever the hell inspires you and do it well. Is there a genre he does not cover here...he needs an IBO player like all good gutarists..!!!

-K

erroneous said...

I can't speak for good guitarists, but I know at least one aspiring-to-be-good guitarist who needs an ibo player something fierce.

yotte said...

Monoblogamy... awesome!
Just arrived from Pathways to Unknown Worlds and started poking around. This looks great as does the Patty Waters. THANKS!

erroneous said...

You're welcome!