
I have my computer back- at least for now. My cord died, the system crashed, no IP address dispaeared so I lost the wireless connection; I rediscovered my love for books.
This is not the album, just the title track. One of the most energetic recordings in jazz I have.
Enjoy. I am a tradionalist at heart. And here is some hip traditional sh*t. I hope this turns you over and shakes the change out of your pocket.
This site has a whole new look. I love it! Those sites on the side are mind blowing. The African tape on is too much! WOW!!!!! Only in New York...
3 comments:
Excellent post.
Art Blakey was a god among men.
This is proof. It feels good to contirbute something again!
I saw Art in 1988-or 89. He played in Boston on a night of a snow storm and though his band was already there he came arrived 2 hours late. The momnet he walked in the whole bar went silent and he stood at the enterence of the door and just smiled and nodded his head. He was wearing a cowboy looking suit with a 5 gallon hat (not ten) on his head the color matched the suit as if it was made of the same material. He just walked over to the kit and said a few words and that was it!
What a night! I tried to talk to him afterwards and did get his autograph(!) and asked him about a casstte that I had of his. HE made some joke and then brushed me aside and chatted up my mother! What a night...
This is proof. It feels good to contirbute something again!
I saw Art in 1988-or 89. He played in Boston on a night of a snow storm and though his band was already there he came arrived 2 hours late. The momnet he walked in the whole bar went silent and he stood at the enterence of the door and just smiled and nodded his head. He was wearing a cowboy looking suit with a 5 gallon hat (not ten) on his head the color matched the suit as if it was made of the same material. He just walked over to the kit and said a few words and that was it!
What a night! I tried to talk to him afterwards and did get his autograph(!) and asked him about a casstte that I had of his. HE made some joke and then brushed me aside and chatted up my mother! What a night...
Post a Comment