Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mixtapes for Mason- Here And There We Go- Misc 4


The last (4 of 4) 'miscellaneous' mixtapes in my series.


Now, back to genre-specificity!

2 comments:

meltmaster said...

somehow it seems these would be best if available on cassette. kudos to posting this epic series. Mason is lucky.

erroneous said...

Yeah, I really thought hard about the nature of cassette listening while working on them. The major feature of cassettes, it seems to me, is the lack of indexing-- you listen in order. And you often start in the middle. So there's no intro-build-finale in these (tho i did choose beginning & end songs carefully); just good transitions and more good transitions. I wanted the whole series to consist of memorable moments in time. That one tape would be something you'd put on to study to, another to make out to, another to rock out to. Etc. And that even the fast forward moments (damn this slow ethereal drifty 10 minutes!) would have value in some moods. But mostly I wanted there to be no fast forward moments.

I haven't talked to Mason since delivering these, so I dunno if he's actually listened to them. I'd wager he's cranked the punk rock one a couple times.