Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Danse Around the Corn of the Macabre (request)




A long flirtation with British post-punk brought me in contact with many a thing. I had promised to share more postpunk on here, but I fear my interest in the genre is fading. Nonetheless, if I was still as fervent a postpunker as I had been just a year ago, these here albums are ones I'd want to share. The Danse Society was one of the first "Gothic Rock" bands. I guess that means they are somewhat "dark" and are associated with those zombie looking people that people call Goths but when I was in High School we called "Wavers." Hard to believe that. Did any other school except my middle school and high school have "wavers"?

I guess this has roots in Bauhaus, but I don't really know much about Bauhaus. I don't really like Bauhaus. (Saying that can still get you killed in Denver.) When I finally went on my punk journey (well into my college years) Joy Division was my dark punk band of choice, and still is.

{The Jesus and Mary Chain, not Bauhaus, Joy Division, nor The Danse Society}
Yet there's some good stuff on these albums. I especially like the opening track on Seduction. Who knows, I might love it again in a few months/years/decades! For an update on the sound, be sure and check out the UK band The Horrors.

Mediafire is weird. The albums are in zip files within a folder called "The Danse Society." If I had my shit together I could probably make it easier for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?j09f84t93wv6b

Well, here, I give it to you on megaup too for fun.

HERE


Now, if you will excuse me. Back to my Black Sabbath albums.

4 comments:

erroneous said...

Never heard em called Wavers, but the hairstyle is familiar. Damn, I hope that style makes a comeback. Everything else does, that one's pretty wacky but still looks cool to me to this day.

Ironically, I loved Bauhaus (though I only heard a very limited swath of it) but never even heard Joy Division until I was in my 20s. (But as far as I could tell goths respected Bauhaus from a distance but never listened to them... Bela Lugosi excluded... Bauhaus was too prickly and unpredictable a band, you never knew when they might get all King Crimson-arty, or release a cover of an Osmonds song, just to fuck with their followers).

As of yesterday I realized: trip hop is back already. Which means that the expire date for 80s revival is past and we're in the mid90s already.

In the future everything will be in fashion forever.

Florima Paul said...

Thank you for being there for me to find out here in the etherwebz. I just had to say I appreciate you, and thank you for putting yourself out there. I see you haven't posted in a whilhey jes, i really appreciate the work you do in the world. i love your writing and your photo projects. i have fss, you can check me out and find my contact info @e, so I hope life and love have been kind to you and you are now too busy to post. ^_^ <3
Aerocity Call Girls $Aerocity Call Girls$
Indian Escorts Call Girls in Delhi $Indian Escorts Call Girls in Delhi$
Cheap Rate Delhi Escorts $Cheap Rate Delhi Escorts$
Russian Delhi Escorts $Russian Delhi Escorts$
Housewife Delhi Escorts $Housewife Delhi Escorts$
VIP Model Delhi Escorts $VIP Model Delhi Escorts$
High Class Female Delhi Escorts $High Class Female Delhi Escorts$
Model Delhi Escorts $Model Delhi Escorts$
Connaught Place Call Girls $Connaught Place Call Girls$

Vandy Oberoi said...

Hello companions. Welcome to our exceptionally well known Independent Escorts in Chennai . Firstly, I might want to present myself. I am Aariffa Rezwi. Today, I am here to let you know about our gigantic accumulation of keen and intense escorts the nation over.
Chennai Escorts Service
Chennai Call Girl Photos
Escorts Service in Chennai
Affordable Chennai Call Girl Escorts
Chennai Escorts Contacts
Vellore Escorts Service
Kanchipuram Escorts Service
Thiruvalluvar Escorts Service

Urvashi Sharma said...

I’m just trying to build on my linking and trying to find the best way to do it. I have had a blog in the past and ended up turning off comments due to the amount of spam and nothing of any use.
Mumbai Call Girls Service▐ ▶
Powai Call Girls▐ ▶
Thane Call Girls▐ ▶
Wadala Call Girls▐ ▶
Worli Call Girls▐ ▶
Bangalore Escorts▐ ▶
Chennai Escorts▐ ▶
Delhi Escorts▐ ▶
Goa Escorts▐ ▶
Gurgaon Escorts▐ ▶