Sunday, April 18, 2010

Check 'E'



I don't know much about this one. Downloaded it, fell in love with it, haven't been able to find and buy it. I bought another, similar one, but this album's a bit better. Basically, you have dubby spacey percolating endlessly seething hypno-sound, with steel guitars and primitive synth swoops punctuating a bed of music that's somehow both extremely hyperactive and also mellow and calming. It's a dance party you could fall asleep to.

Anyone know all about King Sunny Ade? Tell me more in comments.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ddymwuymznd/King Sunny Ade and his African Beats - Check 'E'.zip

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love king Sunny Ade. But all I know and have ever known about him is that he is king of Juju - always has a wonderful troupe of guitarists and talking drum drummers with him. And, of course, his music is beautiful. For the past 20 years he wears his tradition (Yoruba/Nigerian?) clothing. I like the 70s look......

K