Saturday, January 23, 2010

What's the Price of Your Love?


This is for Jonathan, so that he understands why I was fascinated by the drumbeat of that one Wilco song.

5 comments:

erroneous said...

According to the internets, the line is actually, "Tell me for surprise if you’re right".

At the moment I think it's "tell me what's the prize of your life".

Well, I think we all get the message anyhow.

Jeff said...

Did you raid this from the Freddies' media collection?!

Mr. Fancypants said...

Ha, I heard "Tell me, what's the price of your lies?"

You know, like how they staged the moon landing. This theme continues through to the 90s, when R.E.M. sang of Andy Kaufman, "If you believe... they put a man on the moon..."

But I digress. This does sound quite a bit like the Wilco song ("Spiders(Kidsmoke)"), but a little less drone-y. Good video, too.

Mr. Fancypants said...

OK, I heard New Hampshire by Sonic Youth yesterday that totally has this song in its veins too. From Sonic Nurse, released in 04, I think.

erroneous said...

Neat. I have Sonic Nurse on LP but somehow haven't ever really listened. Dunno why, it sounded great. I'll have to rock it when I get home.