Thursday, January 14, 2010

Musique Electronique


hey! Crazy bloop music, before Autechre or Squarepusher, compiled by some Portuguese college student. Here and here. These are just the first 24 CDs of a 48 CD collection from the Portuguese archive.




I'm obsessing over this stuff right now. I'm having trouble getting all the mp3s together. But as far as old crazy electronic music goes, the earlier the better--in MY OPINION. And there's awesome stuff here. Pierre Schaeffer (SP?), Messiean (SP?), Otto Ussachevsky (Never heard of him? He's only the Mother-effing INVENTOR OF THE MOTHER-EFFING ADSR) etc.(SP?)

I also bought this: berna. Unfortunately it's only for mac.

If you enjoy making noise and see what the guys who made the music to Forbidden Planet (Not Fantastic Planet) had to go through to make those space-age sounds we know so well now, I highly recommend it. It costs 11 Euros (In Mighty Boosh-speak). BUY IT TODAY! (If you have a mac.)

Or not.

Update! I uploaded the wrong picture, sorry!


Update#2! I just got an email from Kraig. I got the wrong picture. Here's the one I meant to post!


Ooops! Here's the real one~^^





Oops. Sorry! Just got another email from Kraig. Here's the one he wanted me to post:



Next from meltmaster, an epic series of post-punk posts.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the first three discs.....WOW...amazing music. My eyes were opened. Very inspiring.
WHat pictures? Don't try to blame me for posting a half dude picture of you.......

K

Using another account because my otherone will not work..

meltmaster said...

It was a different Kraig. Some dude named Kraig Schmudensky.

Unknown said...

that soundtrack song is a ridiculous cult fave, ive heard so much bout it.. very cool blog I like..

erroneous said...

... a half dude photo?